Park clean-up, Picnic highlights of General Meeting
Tuesday's general meeting was well attended. Several upcoming events will need volunteers, so check below and let Dawn know if you can help. Here's the wrap-up:
1. Sgt. J. Giasone of the Sheriff's Office talked about traffic and neighborhood issues and said he checks his email every day: email@example.com
2. Susan selected three new Yard of the Month winners -- the signs will go up tomorrow, she said. She welcomes nominations.
3. The Lake Sarasota Community Group netted $106 from its hot dog sale at the January Community Yard Sale. That brings the total in the treasury to $435.80, said Dawn.
Since the group has no dues, various methods of fundraising are being considered, including a once-a-year letter inviting donations. Contributions of any amount are always welcome and can be mailed to:
PO Box 21983
Sarasota, FL 34276
- Saturday, March 17th, from 8 a.m. to noon
- Sunday, March 18th, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
5. Volunteers will also be needed to help with the Community Picnic that's being planned for Sunday, April 15th at the pavilion in Lakeview Park. Again, contact Dawn. Help will be needed with:
- Entertainment (band, mimes, juggling, face painting, etc.)
6. George Morgan will hold another 45-minute training session for the neighborhood Citizens Patrol on Tuesday, March 13th at 6 p.m. in the same room at Sarasota Baptist where meetings are held. He's hoping to enlist another dozen or more residents in order to bring the force up to the full complement necessary to patrol the area regularly. Email him if you can make it: firstname.lastname@example.org . (You can find out more about the Sarasota Sheriff's Citizens Patrol Program here.)
7. Note the Time Change: The next General Meeting will begin at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 13th at Sarasota Baptist Church.