Thursday, March 29, 2007
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
This year April 15 is not Tax Day (anyway, it's April 16th this year). It was to be the date of the second annual Lake Sarasota Spring Fling - now it's' on May 6th.
Time: Sunday, May 6, 1 - 4 p.m.
Place: Pavilion on the Lake.
Food: Burgers, hot dogs, lemonade, potato salad, etc.
Everyone is asked to bring a chair and a dish.
Games for Kids:
- Bean bag
- Egg toss
- Ring toss
- Balloon toss
- Apple Bobbing
- Sack races
- Face painting
- Board games (feel free to bring yours)
The Raffle will have several prizes – gift baskets with themes – movies, wine and cheese, gardening, coffee, bath and spa.
A representative from the Sheriff will conduct a Citizens Patrol training session, or two if there is sufficient interest. The first group will meet at 1:30 p.m. for about 45 minutes. If warranted, a second training session will be held at 2:30 p.m.
- A county forester or arborist might be on hand to talk about the various plants and trees in the park.
- A representative from the county’s stormwater dept. might be on hand to talk about the lakes and canals, water quality and how to improve it.
*Rain date (only if absolutely necessary): May 6th.
A couple of more dates to put on your calendar:
- The next community-wide Yard Sale will be Saturday May 19th.
- The next community clean-up - with the county providing dumpsters - will be Saturday July 28th.
Sunday, March 18, 2007
A few pics of vine-encumbered trees have been added - along with a few others from Day 2 - to the photos above.
Friday, March 16, 2007
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
As of March 13, the Lake Sarasota Community Group has $454.80 in its treasury, Dawn reported Tuesday evening at the general meeting.
- George Morgan plans to hold a training session for Citizens Patrol during the Spring Fling, April 15. He'll announce time or times closer to the event. George is also looking for help with Citizens Patrol. Call (377-4437) or email him if you can help with scheduling or recruiting.
- Three homes were chosen for this month's Yard of the Month.
- The Lakeview Park Clean-up is happening this weekend, Saturday March 17th, 8 to noon, Sunday March 18th, 1 to 5 p.m. Meet at the Pavilion. This is strictly brush removal - wear long pants. Helpful things to bring include:
- The planning meeting for the Spring Fling will be next Tuesday, March 20th, at 7:15 p.m. at Susan's house, 6492 Friendship. Bring enthusiasm and ideas.
- Attendees to the March 13th meeting offered ideas for a wish list we plan to present to the County. Ideas include street resurfacing, protective non-intrusive lighting, trees for the medians, traffic tables, upgrades for the park, a butterfly garden, children's play area and more. A complete list will be sent to the group in the coming days.
Friday, March 09, 2007
For one thing, this meeting will give everyone a chance to talk about Lakeview Park -- it's a chance to brainstorm, to find out what kinds of things people would like to see there, what we as a neighborhood could do to make it even more beautiful than it already is, more fun, and more safe.
Also, we'll be planning the April Picnic - that's Sunday, April 15th, 1 to 4 p.m. -- we're talking about some great ideas for food, games, prizes, animals, learning centers, tours of the park and more. The band - Skyline - is booked, so plan to come, and come on Tuesday to help us plan!
A couple of other things: Dawn now has some volunteers for the park clean-up on Sat.-Sun., March 17-18, but will certainly welcome more. Email her if you can spare a few hours. Saturday 8 a.m. to noon, Sunday 1 - 4 p.m.
Also, anyone who wants to get the brief citizens patrol training can come early on Tuesday for a 45-minute seminar, beginning at 6 p.m. at Sarasota Baptist. Contact George if you'd like more info.