Thursday, Dec. 10
Sarasota Alliance Church Meeting Rooms
1. Neighborhood Security Concerns for Lake Sarasota
- No gates, No security cameras, No street lights, No traffic calming, No HOA.
- Proximity to I-75 (fast getaway)
- Percentage of renters - correlations with crime stats?
- Banks failing custodial care on foreclosures
- Absentee and indifferent landlords
2. Things a volunteer group can work on:
- Coordination on intelligence on developing problems; more consistent communication with Sheriff regarding problem areas (e.g. drug houses, squatters, problem landlords and banks).
- Developing an accountable relationship with Code Enforcement. E.g. when someone calls CE, they might share the complaint info with a point person, and follow-up on result (or lack thereof).
- Seek a way to get lighting - near front entrance, perhaps in other dark areas where homeowners are experiencing break-ins, vandalism, etc.
- Complaints from neighbors about too many cars parked on certain streets (Samoa, Timor) blocking flow of traffic.
3. Bee Ridge Rd. Updates
- Bee Ridge Exchange at I-75 and widening of 75 (Public Workshop Dec. 15)
- Bee Ridge construction, timing.
- Temporary closing of Middlesex (and maybe Wake) due to construction
- Roundabouts - Community Meeting TBA
4. New Business