Beautification, Security, and more updates
Tonight's general neighborhood meeting was well attended, including some first-time residents and landlords. There was a good deal to report:
- Deputy Scott Baker of the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office took questions about late night noise, speeding, public nuisances, and trespassing. The general dispatch number for the Sheriff is (941) 316-1201. Both Deputy Baker and Deputy Pollack can be reached by email if you have any law enforcement questions and concerns:
- The Beautification Commitee reported that it cleaned up the area around the entrance at Westminster and Bee Ridge on Saturday. Peter estimated that it will cost about $100 to repair the walls at that entrance. For more information, or to join the Beautification Committee, email Peter at P1738@Comcast.net.
- The Committee and any other interested neighbors will be meeting on Saturday, June 24, from 7 to 10 a.m. to clean up the median along Mauna Loa. If you can, bring a rake and gloves, and mark them as belonging to you. The Committee is in possession of a rake left behind by someone last week.
- Neighborhood Coordinator Debbie Marks is inviting residents to join her in canvassing all 1,800 homes in Lake Sarasota. The object is to build awareness of the community and to promote participation in it. Contact Debbie if you can join her for the homes near you.
- The Beautification Committee will meet next Tuesday, June 27, at the Pavilion at 6:30 p.m.
- The next General association meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 11, at the Pavilion at 6:30 p.m. On the Agenda: Fundraising.