Notes from July LSCG Meeting
Some highlights of the July 2010 Meeting:
- The Neighborhood Clean-Up will take place on Saturday, July 24, from 8 a.m. to the afternoon. Dumpsters supplied by the county will be near the Fire Station and next to the Dog Park on Hand Rd.
- Residents of Lake Sarasota came to report a house owned by an absentee landlord where criminal activity is suspected. They were given some advice and will keep us posted on developments.
- Ted as always welcomes new volunteers for Citizens Patrol. He noted that in June, there were nine incidents reported to the Sheriff from Lake Sarasota: three burglaries, four thefts, and two juvenile disturbances. The dates and times of the incidents formed no clear pattern, but occurred towards the beginning and end of June. To sign up, contact him at 379-0758, or at TCover6161@aol.com.
- A tentatively planned neighborhood gathering that was scheduled for July 17th has been cancelled, and will be rescheduled at a later, hopefully cooler, date.
- Sandy has been in contact with a speaker who can come to talk with us about dealing with foreclosure, and also about identity theft. More to come on this, probably to be announced in the Fall.
- There apparently have been no developments on the proposal of developer Richard Fischer, who has come to two LSCG meetings to present his idea of the community's participating in a joint buy-out of 120 acres between the western edge of Lake Sarasota and I-75. The process would create a special taxing district. Click the link for more information. There was some tentative discussion of holding a fact-finding meeting - which will be announced should it be planned.
- Sandy has also received information from Sarasota Emergency Manager Scott Montgomery about forms that provide rescuers with information about vulnerable persons in case of a disaster. Some forms can be found on the County's Emergency Site, and here is one for people with special needs. If you know someone with special needs, filling out this form could be a lifesaver in the event of a disaster.
- Treasurer and Yard of the Month Guru were not present, so nothing to report in either department.
- Sandy has promised pizza at our next meeting, August 12, 7 p.m. at Sarasota Alliance Church.
- Don't forget to check us out on Facebook and if you're looking for help, or neighborhood information, the LSCG Yahoo NewsGroup.