Community meets Dec. 10th
Lake Sarasota residents interested in the welfare of the neighborhood are welcome to attend an open meeting on Thursday, Dec. 10 - 7 pm at the meeting rooms behind Sarasota Alliance Church.
Representatives from the County and Sheriff will be on hand, as well as a representative from the Bee Ridge Neighborhoods Committee who will address road questions. Please share this info with your neighbors.
Lake Sarasota has no formal HOA, no dues, no deed restrictions - just people who volunteer as they can.
Thursday, Dec. 10
1. Bee Ridge Rd. and I-75 Updates.
- Bee Ridge Exchange at I-75 and widening of 75 (Public Workshop Dec. 15) More info about this project HERE.
- Bee Ridge construction, timing.
- SCAT route changes and Bus shelter update
- Temporary closing of Middlesex (and maybe Wake) due to construction
- Roundabouts - Community Meeting TBA
- Vulnerabilities of Lake Sarasota
- No gates
- No security cameras
- No street lights
- No traffic calming
- No HOA.
- Proximity to I-75 (fast getaway)
- Percentage of renters - correlations with crime stats?
- Banks neglecting custodial care on properties.
- Absentee and indifferent landlords.
3. Things a volunteer group can work on:
- Coordination on intelligence on developing problems; more consistent communication with Sheriff regarding problem areas (e.g. drug houses, squatters, problem landlords and banks).
- Developing an accountable relationship with Code Enforcement. E.g. when someone calls CE, they might share the complaint info with a point person, and follow-up on result (or lack thereof).
- Lighting - near front entrance, perhaps in other dark areas where homeowners are experiencing break-ins, vandalism, etc.
- Parking - complaints from neighbors about too many cars parked on certain streets (Samoa, Timor) blocking flow of traffic.
- Seasonal flash flooding.
- Offenders living in Lake S.
4. New Business