Update: Sept. 12th General Meeting
Among the items discussed at the September meeting were these:
- Traffic Calming: The County is expected to take action on Oct. 9th on the proposed stop signs along Mauna Loa.
- Citizens Patrol: George Morgan is seeking people with a couple of hours of free time every other month to participate in a citizens patrol. If you are interested, call George at 377-4437 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The next Beautification Committee meeting is Oct. 5. If you are interested, contact Tisha.
- A "Yard of the Month" program is planned to begin in November, pending a grant approval from the County.
- The group voted to join CONA - The Sarasota County Council of Neighborhood Associations.
- The Beautification Committee is working on a design for the Mauna Loa entrance sign. Debbie Marks said the County will pay for the permit for the sign.
- A Fall Festival is being planned to help raise neighborhood awareness - no date set yet.
- The next General Meeting is on Tuesday, Oct. 10 at 6:30 p.m. at Sarasota Baptist. A representative of the County's Code Enforcement operation will be on hand to review code issues.