What neighborhood grants can do
Sarasota County Grants Coordinator Kathlyn Clayton sent a follow-up email after our last Lake Sarasota Community Group meeting - (Thanks Kathlyn!).
Here it is:
A gentleman asked for a list of the types of projects that have been funded [through County grants].
Here is a sample:
- Website Development
- Entryway signs
- Removal of invasive plants
- Shoreline restoration
- Water quality projects
- Install micro-irrigation
- Yard of the Month signs
- Neighborhood watch signs
The same gentleman asked me why it ‘s a good idea to have an association. Here are some examples:
- Unity and communication that allows for a voice and influence into what happens in surrounding areas
- Sense of community
- Neighbors watch out for neighbors
- Provides a channel through which neighborhood goals can be met
- A voice in development/land use issues
- Deal with crime and other disturbances as a unified group
Hope the above is helpful.